On November 16, 2013 at the Bayanihan Center, several artist groups and individuals have pledged to auction/donate cash, items and proceeds from sales of merchandise and sketches to their chosen charity during Komikon 2013. Continue reading “Fund Raising Activities at Komikon 2013”
November 16, 2013 Continue reading “Komikon 2013 Poster”
Make sure to drop by each and every one of these booths at Komikon 2013! Continue reading “Komikon 2013 Floorplan & Directory”
Challenge your creativity by bringing new life, and style to an existing Comics Cover! Join the Cover Recreation Contest for Komikon 2013! Continue reading “Cover Recreation Contest Komikon 2013”
Komikon has a new contest for you: the search for the new Voice of Komikon!
Get the chance to be the KOMIKON HOST this November 16! Continue reading “Voice of Komikon 2013 Contest”
This year’s theme is: NOT YOUR ORDINARY SCHOOL
Create a comic book appropriate for young adults about a group of students attending an extraordinary school. Continue reading “Comic Creation Contest Komikon 2013”
Don’t know what Indieket is? Then read about Indieket history here first before proceeding.
REGISTRATION and SPACE GUIDELINES for Komikon Indieket 2013
All details below are REQUIRED unless stated as optional
- Registration will be done by completing an online registration form.
- Individuals and groups that are selected are required to pay for their IndieKet Indie Id which would serve as their event ticket. If however their group have members that want to enter the event area and/or substitute manning the booth slot they have to buy pre-sold tickets at designated areas.
- Image files of the covers and its short description must be laid out in 1) the official psd format downloadable at this site at a later time & 2) .jpeg/.png format and then sent via email to indieket[@]komikon.org after the online registration. Email Subject should be: Komikon Indieket 2013 – <name of artist/group> – Comic Covers. Deadline is on July 12, 2013, or until space runs out.
- It is recommended that your covers indicate for what age group it is appropriate for (GP – General Patronage, PG 13 – Parental Guidance for 13 years and below, R – Mature audience only). (optional)
- It is encouraged to include the official Komikon IndieKet logo on your cover. Official logos will be sent to the registrants who request via email. (optional)
- Official comics websites (or personal websites if no official comics website), should add a link or banner image link to www.komikon.org. Details will be provided through email.
- At least one representative is required to attend the Pre-Event Briefing at the Bayanihan Center, on July 27, 2013.
- Must have at least one new comics release for 2013 (Jan 1 – present). One hardcopy of all 2013 comics release must submitted for Komikon archive due on July 27, 2013.
- There will be a designated time for setting up. Latecomers will not be allowed to sell. Upon arrival, all individuals and members must sign in at the Komikon booth, and present their comics and merchandise that will be sold for inspection.
- To avoid crowding, ONLY ONE (1) PERSON per group can be seated in the indie tiangge area (this will be strictly implemented).
- The organizers have the authority to accept and/or deny applications for indie tiangge.
- 10% OF PARTICIPANTS’ TOTAL SALES WILL BE COLLECTED. Everyone must sign out at the Komikon booth. Penalties will be given for those who do not sign out.
RULES and REMINDERS:
- Komikon Indieket and Indie KOMIKS Tiange is for selling your own-made comics – original or fanfics.
- Merchandise will be allowed, ONLY IF, it is based on your own original comics’ creation/characters.
- Any other merchandise will not be allowed. Unauthorized items will be confiscated by a Komikon representative. Individuals/groups found to have violated the terms and conditions will be subject to penalties the organizers deem necessary.
- Selling of indies will be confined to the indie space. Don’t go around hawking you wares around some other groups. Transgressors will be dealt with accordingly.
- Please respect other indie tiangge participants, exhibitors, sponsors and attendees’ space and privacy.
- Indie tiange participants, their group mates and friends are responsible for the safety and security of their inventory and belongings at all times. Komikon, the venue, partners and suppliers can not be held liable for any untoward incidents outside the organizers’ control.
Examples of items that will be allowed:
- Original comics that you (or your group) created using your own original characters;
- Doujin/fan-made comics that you (or your group) created based on other characters as drawn by you with your own interpretation;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) made by you (or your group) based on your original characters from your original comics
Examples of items that WILL NOT be allowed:
- Pornographic comics and non-comics merchandise depicting child/children;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) based on your fan made comics;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) based on established comics/anime/movie/etc characters that you do not own;
- Display items that are too big or encroach on other people’s space.
Interested indie comic creators can register from June 14 to 24, 2013 by filling out the online registration over at http://goo.gl/7vm06.