1. All entries must use any of these three Funko Pop! characters as the base figure: Iron Man Mark 42 Armor, War Machine and Iron Patriot.
2. The Funko Pop! figure must be purchased at an authorized Filbar’s, Pandayan Bookshop or KAPOW! store branch. Funko POP! Iron Man 3 figures will be sold at a discounted price of Php 400.00. A submission form will be given upon purchase of the Pop figure
If you bought your Funko POP! figure from Filbar’s prior to the launch of the contest, you will need to submit proof of purchase.
3. Each participant can submit up to three entries. However, an entrant can only win once.
4. Deadline for submission is on November 9, 2013, until store closing time. Entries can be submitted to Kapow! Universe, Filbar’s branches at SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, SM Fairview, Festival Supermall, Sta. Lucia and Market! Market! and Pandayan Bookshop branches.
5. The entry must not exceed a height of 5 inches, and must not exceed a width or depth of 3.5 inches.
6. Indecent materials and sensitive topics are prohibited (i.e. drugs, adult content, nudity, gore, religion, etc). Entries must be done in good taste. All entries will be reviewed by a committee. The committee has the right to reject any unfit entries.
7. Organizers have the full usage rights for any and all media including but not limited to press releases, photography and advertising with any of the submitted entries.
8. All valid submissions will be put on display for the public during the Komikon event on November 16, 2013, at the Bayanihan Center (http://www.facebook.com/events/538191652905125/). Judging will take place 10 to 11 AM of the event, and winners will be announced at 3 PM.
9. There will be three (3) winners: First, Second and Third place.
First Place – P10,000
Second Place – P5,000
Third Place – P3,000
Winners need to provide their valid IDs to claim their prizes on November 16, 2013. Winners will be notified by registered mail, if not present on November 16, 2013. To claim the prizes, winners must present a valid ID and the registered notice. Redemption period shall be within 60 days from notification. Winners shall claim their prizes in their original drop centers. If not claimed with redemption period, the prizes will be forfeited in favor of Collecticons, Inc., subject to DTI approval.
10. The three winning entries will be put on display at a Filbar’s store location, for a period of not more than five months after judging. The winning entries can then be picked up at their original drop center after the display period. Please present a valid ID and the claim stub.
11. All remaining entries must be claimed during Komikon on November 16, 2013, at the Bayanihan Center or within 60 days in their original drop centers, if not claimed during November 16, 2013. The entries will be available for pick-up between 5 PM and 7 PM on November 16, 2013 and during store hours in the original drop center. Please present your entry stub to claim your entry. Any unclaimed entries will become property of Collecticons, Inc.
12. Criteria for Judging:
Strength of Concept 30%
Quality of Execution 25%
Impact and Memorability 25%
Use of the Medium 20%
Strength of Concept – 30%
What is the main idea behind the artwork and how unique and creative is it? Was it influenced by a particular art movement, character or existing literature? Points are rewarded to original works of art that exhibit a distinct and original thought behind it. Concepts can be funny, mind-blowing, introspective, symbolic or even scary, but there must be a clear and evocative overall main idea.
Quality of Execution – 25%
Determining the quality of execution focuses on the technical process involved in producing the artwork. It considers the overall production quality and the overall design layout, taking into consideration the amount of skill employed to produce the entry. Judging must also take into account the artist’s use of shape, color, texture, space and other elements of art to communicate his overall concept. Is the artist successful in manipulating these elements, or does it lack a mastery of design fundamentals?
Impact and Memorability – 25%
Does the the artwork have any emotional resonance and does it stay with you long after viewing it? Is the artwork engaging or is it forgettable? Impactful and memorable entries provoke viewer response and hold attention spans.
Use of the Medium – 20%
Does the entry make use of the shape of the figure in a creative way? How does the artist make use of the unique form of a Funko Pop! character to better convey his original concept. Does the artist manipulate the medium in a surprising or unexpected manner? How uniquely accessorized is the figure? Higher points are awarded to entries that find creative uses or customizations for the Pop! Figure’s shape, surface and different parts.
13. Employees of Collecticons, Inc. and Pandayan Bookshop, Inc., including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
Per DTI-NCR Permit # 4645, series of 2013.