This year’s theme is: NOT YOUR ORDINARY SCHOOL
Create a comic book appropriate for young adults about a group of students attending an extraordinary school.
- Contest is open to all comic book artists except for professionals with published works sold in bookstores.
- Contestants / groups are limited to only one entry.
- Entries submitted by groups are required to submit the names of the individuals involved in creating the indie. Group entries with professionals on board are automatically disqualified.
- Entries should adhere to the given theme. Entries deviating from the theme shall be automatically disqualified.
- Submit 3 copies of your entry via air mail to:
COMIC CREATION CONTEST Komikon 2013
KOMIKON, INC c/o Lyndon Gregorio
18 Esteban Street, Brgy. Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 1550
*send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org to confirm if we have received it. Indicate how it was sent (air mail, LBC, etc), tracking number (if applicable) and date sent
- or to drop-off points at:
•Robinson’s Place, Ermita,Manila
•Robinson’s Galleria, Edsa cor. Ortigas
- Deadline of submissions will be on November 2, 2013. Entries submitted beyond November 2 shall not be accepted.
- Winners shall be announced on the event itself on November 16, 2013 and shall be notified via e-mail or phone. Prizes not claimed on November 16, will be forfeited.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Entries should be in the form of a comic book with the following specifications:
- Create a new comic book about a group of students attending an extraordinary school. Comics should be appropriate for young adults.
- 8.5″ X 6.5″ (long bond paper, folded, and stapled twice in the middle)
- Entries should be placed in a short brown envelope with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail written legibly at the upper left hand corner.
- Stories must be 4 to 12 pages long (excluding cover)
- Please note that entries are non-returnable. Entries should be reproductions only. (originals will not be returned)
- Colored and/or black and white entries are accepted.
- There are no restrictions as to the art style that can be used as long as the comic book follows the given theme.
- The story should be in the form of a one-shot title. It should be whole in itself, with a clear beginning, middle, and end. Multiple comic stories in a single entry (anthology) will not be allowed.
- The comic can be written in Tagalog or English
For any clarifications or questions, send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org with the subject: CCC KOMIKON 2013 Inquiry.