SPECIAL GUEST PROFILE:
Name: Armida Francisco Rad
Course & School: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Far Eastern University
List of Works:
- comics illustrator for Carlo Caparas comics
- illustrated children books in Qazvin,Iran
1) When did you start making comics?
I started making comics when I was in 4th year high school. My uncle, Ading Gonzales – famous comic illustrator, taught me to become comic illustrator. I am a loving working in comics, my first love. It was incredibly fun.
2) If you weren’t an artist, what would you be doing now?
If I were not artist, I would be teaching art and showcase my works done here and abroad. For me, art is life. It affects all the things around you. I got back into visual arts, and I focused on painting and exhibiting my paintings here and abroad. Art is my passion, I’ve been lucky enough to have some successes in life. I can be able to do something that I love, and to earn a living from it.
3) Any advice to female cartoonists, or aspiring young artists?
My advice for the young aspiring artists- believing yourself, not to worry about other things, some will like it, or some won’t…,just believe on yourselves and always thanks to God !