Here is your chance to flex your creativity muscles! Join this first of three Komikon 2012 Contests!
Filipinos are known to endure any obstacle. After a great devastation of catastrophic proportions (a great earthquake, an enormous tsunami, a nuclear explosion…), what would life be for Filipinos?
In addition to cash prize and merchandize, the top three winning entries will get a sure slot in the Summer Komikon 2013 Indie Komiks Tiangge!
1. Contest is open to all comic book artists except for professionals with published works sold in bookstores.
2. Contestants / groups are limited to only one entry.
3. Entries submitted by groups are required to submit the names of the individuals involved in creating the indie. Group entries with professionals on board are automatically disqualified.
4. Entries should adhere to the given theme. Entries deviating from the theme shall be automatically disqualified.
5. Submit 3 copies of your entry via air mail to:
COMIC CREATION CONTEST 2012
KOMIKON, INC c/o Lyndon Gregorio
18 Esteban Street, Brgy. Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 1550
or to drop-off points at:
•Robinson’s Place, Level 3 Ermita,Manila
•Robinson’s Galleria, Edsa cor. Ortigas
*send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org to confirm if we have received it
6. Deadline of submissions will be on October 14, 2012. Entries submitted beyond October 14 shall not be accepted.
7. Winners shall be announced on the event itself on October 27, 2012 and shall be notified via e-mail or phone.
8. The judge’s decision is final.
Entries should be in the form of a comic book with the following specifications:
a. Create a comic depicting what life would be in the Philippines after a great devastation.
b. 8.5″ X 6.5″ (long bond paper, folded, and stapled twice in the middle)
c. Entries should be placed in a short brown envelope with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail written legibly at the upper left hand corner.
d. Stories must be 4 to 12 pages long (excluding cover)
e. Please note that entries are non-returnable. Entries should be reproductions only. (originals will not be
f. Colored and/or black and white entries are accepted.
g. There are no restrictions as to the art style that can be used as long as the comic book follows the given theme.
h. The story should be in the form of a one-shot title. It should be whole in itself, with a clear beginning, middle, and end. Multiple comic stories in a single entry (anthology) will not be allowed.
i. The comic can be written in Tagalog or English
For any clarifications or questions, send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org with the subject: CCC KOMIKON 2012 Inquiry.