Sharpen your comics drawing skills and join the Summer Komikon 2014 Comic Creation Contest!
This year’s theme is: “10“
Create a comic book that has something to do with the number 10. ten years, 10 dogs, 10 ninjas…you name it.
- Contest is open to all comic book artists except for professionals with published works sold in bookstores.
- Contestants / groups are limited to only one entry.
- Entries submitted by groups are required to submit the names of the individuals involved in creating the indie. Group entries with professionals on board are automatically disqualified.
- Entries should adhere to the given theme. Entries deviating from the theme shall be automatically disqualified.
- Submit 3 copies of your entry via air mail to:
COMIC CREATION CONTEST Summer Komikon 2014
KOMIKON, INC c/o Lyndon Gregorio
18 Esteban Street, Brgy. Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 1550
*send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org to confirm if we have received it. Indicate how it was sent (air mail, LBC, etc), tracking number (if applicable) and date sent
or to drop-off points at:
- Comic Odyssey
- Robinson’s Galleria, Edsa cor. Ortigas
- Deadline of submissions will be on March 31, 2014. Entries submitted beyond March 31 shall not be accepted.
- Winners shall be announced on the event itself on April 12, 2014 and shall be notified via e-mail or phone. Prizes not claimed on April 12, will be forfeited.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Entries should be in the form of a comic book with the following specifications:
- Create a new comic book about something that has a connection to the number 10.
- 8.5″ X 6.5″ (long bond paper, folded, and stapled twice in the middle)
- Entries should be placed in a short brown envelope with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail written legibly at the upper left hand corner.
- Stories must be 4 to 12 pages long (excluding cover)
- Please note that entries are non-returnable. Entries should be reproductions only. (originals will not be returned)
- Colored and/or black and white entries are accepted.
- There are no restrictions as to the art style that can be used as long as the comic book follows the given theme.
- The story should be in the form of a one-shot title. It should be whole in itself, with a clear beginning, middle, and end. Multiple comic stories in a single entry (anthology) will not be allowed.
- The comic can be written in Tagalog or English
For any clarifications or questions, send us an email at contests[@]komikon.org with the subject: “CCC SK2014 Inquiry”.
Confirm now to the official Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/events/595333750549399/ to get the latest updates. #sk2014