Make sure to drop by each and every one of these booths at Komikon 2013! Continue reading
You can join the Pop Art Contest by shopping at any Filbar’s or Pandayan Bookshop branch. P10,000 is up for grabs, Filbarbarians! (from Filbar’s Online)
Challenge your creativity by bringing new life, and style to an existing Comics Cover! Join the Cover Recreation Contest for Komikon 2013! Continue reading
Komikon has a new contest for you: the search for the new Voice of Komikon!
Get the chance to be the KOMIKON HOST this November 16! Continue reading
This year’s theme is: NOT YOUR ORDINARY SCHOOL
Create a comic book appropriate for young adults about a group of students attending an extraordinary school. Continue reading
Calling all Sponsors and Exhibitors! Registration for Komikon 2013 is now open!
Click on the image below:
August 10, 2013
Bayanihan Center, Pasig City
Entrance Fee: Php 100
RSVP to Facebook Event Page:
Download the Indieket 2013 Catalog
Don’t know what Indieket is? Then read about Indieket history here first before proceeding.
REGISTRATION and SPACE GUIDELINES for Komikon Indieket 2013
All details below are REQUIRED unless stated as optional
- Registration will be done by completing an online registration form.
- Individuals and groups that are selected are required to pay for their IndieKet Indie Id which would serve as their event ticket. If however their group have members that want to enter the event area and/or substitute manning the booth slot they have to buy pre-sold tickets at designated areas.
- Image files of the covers and its short description must be laid out in 1) the official psd format downloadable at this site at a later time & 2) .jpeg/.png format and then sent via email to indieket[@]komikon.org after the online registration. Email Subject should be: Komikon Indieket 2013 – <name of artist/group> – Comic Covers. Deadline is on July 12, 2013, or until space runs out.
- It is recommended that your covers indicate for what age group it is appropriate for (GP – General Patronage, PG 13 – Parental Guidance for 13 years and below, R – Mature audience only). (optional)
- It is encouraged to include the official Komikon IndieKet logo on your cover. Official logos will be sent to the registrants who request via email. (optional)
- Official comics websites (or personal websites if no official comics website), should add a link or banner image link to www.komikon.org. Details will be provided through email.
- At least one representative is required to attend the Pre-Event Briefing at the Bayanihan Center, on July 27, 2013.
- Must have at least one new comics release for 2013 (Jan 1 – present). One hardcopy of all 2013 comics release must submitted for Komikon archive due on July 27, 2013.
- There will be a designated time for setting up. Latecomers will not be allowed to sell. Upon arrival, all individuals and members must sign in at the Komikon booth, and present their comics and merchandise that will be sold for inspection.
- To avoid crowding, ONLY ONE (1) PERSON per group can be seated in the indie tiangge area (this will be strictly implemented).
- The organizers have the authority to accept and/or deny applications for indie tiangge.
- 10% OF PARTICIPANTS’ TOTAL SALES WILL BE COLLECTED. Everyone must sign out at the Komikon booth. Penalties will be given for those who do not sign out.
RULES and REMINDERS:
- Komikon Indieket and Indie KOMIKS Tiange is for selling your own-made comics – original or fanfics.
- Merchandise will be allowed, ONLY IF, it is based on your own original comics’ creation/characters.
- Any other merchandise will not be allowed. Unauthorized items will be confiscated by a Komikon representative. Individuals/groups found to have violated the terms and conditions will be subject to penalties the organizers deem necessary.
- Selling of indies will be confined to the indie space. Don’t go around hawking you wares around some other groups. Transgressors will be dealt with accordingly.
- Please respect other indie tiangge participants, exhibitors, sponsors and attendees’ space and privacy.
- Indie tiange participants, their group mates and friends are responsible for the safety and security of their inventory and belongings at all times. Komikon, the venue, partners and suppliers can not be held liable for any untoward incidents outside the organizers’ control.
Examples of items that will be allowed:
- Original comics that you (or your group) created using your own original characters;
- Doujin/fan-made comics that you (or your group) created based on other characters as drawn by you with your own interpretation;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) made by you (or your group) based on your original characters from your original comics
Examples of items that WILL NOT be allowed:
- Pornographic comics and non-comics merchandise depicting child/children;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) based on your fan made comics;
- Non-comics merchandise (like pins, bookmarks, etc) based on established comics/anime/movie/etc characters that you do not own;
- Display items that are too big or encroach on other people’s space.
Interested indie comic creators can register from June 14 to 24, 2013 by filling out the online registration over at http://goo.gl/7vm06.
After a successful 1st Indieket in 2012, Komikon brings you Indieket 2013 for it’s second consecutive year!
Catch the talented and rising artists of the Philippines Comics Scene on August 10, 2013, Saturday, from 10am to 7pm at the Hall A of Bayanihan Center, Pasig City.
Of course, your favorite local artists will also be there to support and guide our young bloods. As before, participants for the main Komikon 2013 Indie Komiks Tiangge will be chosen from Indieket participants.
Entrance fee is Php 100. Stand by for more updates here or like us at http://www.facebook.com/Indieket .
Make sure to drop by each and every one of these booths at Summer Komikon 2013!
- Summer Komikon 2013 floor area includes the lobby, Halls A and B, Conference Room BCD, Conference E and Conference F. Make sure to visit each one to make sure you don’t miss out on anything.
- The Lobby and Halls A & B are open from 10am to 7pm. This is the area for our sponsors and exhibitors. The main stage is also located inside.
- Conference BCD is open from 10 am to 6pm. This is the area for our Independent Komiks Tiangge and KomikoNOOK (mini-comics library for free comics reading). Please see floorplan below.
- Conference E is open from 12 noon to 5pm. This is the area for lectures, Screening of Animahenasyon 2012 Winning Entries, and Contest Area.
- Conference F is open from 12 noon to 5pm. This is the area for Komiks Kalye artist sketching and signing.
- Attendees are not allowed to bring in food and drinks inside the Halls and Conference Rooms. Please maintain the cleanliness of the whole area at all times. Food concessionaires are available at the Parking Lot side. Other food establishments are available across Pioneer St.
- Free Parking is available at the Unilab Compound parking area. There are also parking slots at the establishments across Pioneer Street.
- Check out the list of exhibitors and sponsors for their specific locations.
- Click on the image below to zoom in.